Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Where I blog about my wedding


It was inevitable, all. I was bound to blog about my wedding at some time or another.

Besides, it's really beginning to dawn on me. Hubby and I are getting married in July... which is NOT THAT FAR AWAY!! Hurray!  We are getting married in a park overlooking lake Huron, followed by a Sunday luncheon in an old coaching in. It's going to be so much fun!

Everything's been a family effort so far and I couldn't be more grateful. Seeing as I'm enormously sentimental, I'll be wearing my mum's dress (a near dupe to the one shown here!), grandma Alice's pearls (worn by her, as well as my mum, on their wedding days - I get shivers thinking about it), and my future mother in law insists we visit a milliner to find a hat. Hubby's sister has been wonderfully generous and has found a suit for him (he looks so handsome, ladies). A friend of ours will be playing some music in the park for the ceremony and another friend will be the photographer. We are have wonderfully caring, talented family and friends, and couldn't be more fortunate to have them contribute to our wedding. 

We have an old-fashioned budget, so we're having an old-fashioned wedding and I wouldn't want anything else. We want to keep everything as simple as possible. So long as everybody has a good time, is well fed, and has a proper drink in their hand we'll be happy. Then, weather permitting *fingers crossed* we'll be off to the beach in the afternoon!

4 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Sounds very exciting. :) You will blink and July will be here.

    All the best

    Andrew
    - @andrewemmett

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so exciting! I cannot wait :) It'll be fantastic to have family and friends around, to celebrate and have fun together.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! Amanda! This sounds perfect. So very perfect.
    Everything is sentimental and precious and I just love the whole idea!
    I have been thinking about similar weddings... of sentimental values. But that is for another time.

    All this is wonderful!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lovely! Am so very excited :D I think we'd do it exactly the same way even if we had more pennies to spend. We're such sops ;)
      Can't wait to hear more about your wedding! It'll be fab. There's no doubt.

      Delete